Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jesus Can Fix It!


Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14 NIV



With the on-sought of Spring birds began to sing and build nests for the impending arrival of their babies. My grandson Cameron was fascinated with all the happenings going on in our huge magnolia tree.

“Maw-ma, why are those birds in my tree?” He demanded a matter-of-fact answer. To him the birds invaded his favorite climbing tree.
 
How do you explain to a six year old about the “birds and bees”?


I decided to give Cameron a bible lesson. My favorite bible verse is Ecclesiastes 3:1-15. I love the way God tells us there is a time for everything under Heaven. My grandson is autistic and doesn't retain information very well. I took him outside to the magnolia tree.


The birds were busy with their activities. I told Cameron to be very quiet and watch them carefully.Cameron sat on the ground and watched the daddy bird collect twigs for their nest.

“Cameron, the Lord told us in the Bible there is a time to give birth, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.”

He gave me a perplexed look,ran off to play with his friends and forgot about the bird family in his tree.A few weeks later new additions made their entrance into Cameron's magnolia tree.He had accepted the new bird family. He even started calling them 'The Bird Tree' family.

Cameron had been outside riding his bike when he ran into the house crying.

“What's the matter Cameron?” I thought he had fallen off his bike.

“Maw-ma, one of the bird tree baby's is on the ground,” he stuttered.

Oh no, I thought. The mama bird must be teaching her babies to fly and one fell out of the tree.

“Let's go see.”

I followed my grandson outside to the magnolia tree. On the ground lie one of the little birds. It had died. I picked up the little creature. I started to cry. Cameron put his arm around my shoulder.

“Don't cry maw-ma, Jesus can fix it.”

Cameron was right! Jesus can fix it. Like the little bird tree baby when we try to fly solo we fall, but with Jesus we can soar and He can fix us. Jeremiah 17:14 reminds us Jesus can heal us if we praise Him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful lesson. We are so often like the baby bird and fall but thankfully Jesus can hold us and heal us when we turn to him. It's wonderful how your turn your experiences with Cameron into inspirational lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! You have another blog don't you? Following you on this one now too.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete