Sunday, February 20, 2011

Taking Too Much Time




He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 1 Thessalonians 5:10 NIV


With a six year old grandson and three bathrooms in my house any given day can be chaotic and last week was no exception.

I have a tendency to forget to lock the main bathroom door when in use. I could use my bathroom in the master bedroom, but it's quicker and easier for me to go to the main bathroom. I have to admit I'm just a little lazy too.

There I was sitting and minding my own business (forgetting I forgot to lock the door) when all of a sudden Cameron burst through the door.

"Maw-ma, I've got to go real bad."

I tried to explain to him I was in the bathroom first and he would have to wait until I finished and he could use another bathroom.

I waited for him to retreat, but he stood there ever so stern.

"Cameron, maw-ma was in here first. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait your turn."

Well, with his six year old impatient wisdom he replied matter-of-factly,"you're taking too much time."

I wanted to scold Cameron for being impertinent, but I couldn't help but laugh at my grandson's "observation."

I was taking too much time because he had interrupted me. It wasn't his fault, it was mine for not locking the bathroom door.

The day Cameron "interrupted me" made me think about how the Lord interrupts our lives daily because we are "taking too much time" in our walk with him. Our lives can be calm instead of chaotic if only we would stop being lazy and taking too much time accepting Jesus into our lives.

15 comments:

  1. That's so cute. Great observation!
    I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I have this problem daily with my toddler son who screams at the bathroom door when it is closed! Its tramatic if a door happens to be in between him and daddy or I. He has a complete meltdown and this includes the times mommy or daddy has to make a trip to the bathroom. LOL~

    Anyway, I am following from The Mingle Monday Hop and I'd love for you to follow back. Have a great monday!

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    P.S. Cute Blog Design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! i dream of the day i can actually use the bathroom by myself! if a little isn't bursting thru the door, the dog is! i tell myself it's nice to be so popular! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written. This really spoke to me. ;)

    I'm following from the hop.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very familiar with this problem... I can't wait until I can go to the bathroom without my 2 year old at the door going "mommy mommy". Of course then I will be wishing back for these days. LOL.

    New follower from Terrific Tuesday Blog Hop. Love your site. Would love a follow back.
    www.aspoonfulosugr.blogspot.com
    thanks, Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever want someone to review one of your Christian books, please contact me as I also do Christian book reviews.

    samantha
    www.aspoonfulosugr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this story!! I'm stopping by from Crazed Fan Weekend : ) Looking forward to your post!
    ~Melissa
    http://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlander
    http://www.facebook.com/KUWTR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids are funny and fun, aren't they? Thanks for sharing and your little lesson at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello newest follower from mbc
    http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful story! Thanks. Following from MBC. Please take a look at my blog, www.savingcreatively.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello again from Bloggy Moms!

    http://www.ourbananamoments.com

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love finding Christian bloggers.
    Visiting on the hop from Edge of Escape
    Now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debra!
    Great story and I love your lesson and insights that you learned from such an ordinary happening while taking care of young children! Thanks for linking this up to NOBH and I'm now following this blog of yours! I'm so impressed by ALL your blogs! How do you keep up with so many and they are all so lovely and inspirational?! Hope you are having a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great blog and wonderful story.

    I'm your newest follower. Hope you will check out my blog and follow back.
    DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny how life lessons sneak in at the most unexpected times!
    I'm your newest follower from the hop! Would love a visit! =)

    http://simplyyousimplyme.com/

    ReplyDelete