Sunday, September 11, 2011

Are You Kin to Jesus?

The other day my seven year old grandson was playing ninja warrior(one of his favorite games). Cameron likes to defeat the bad guys. He happened to be playing in my make-shift office/playroom. I was busy on the computer and wasn't really paying attention to him.

All of a sudden a panicked voice rose up. "Help! Help!" I glanced over to where Cameron was playing and he had wrapped himself up in a sheet like a mummy.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, trying not to laugh.

He didn't answer, but continued to yell for help. "You can get out Cameron. Just unroll yourself," I calmly said to him.

"No I can't," he screamed.

"Yes you can!"

"But, mawmaw, you're kin to Jesus."

I couldn't help but laugh and helped my brave ninja out of his predicament. Cameron got up and ran into the other room to play, but his words lingered in the air and in my mind.

"You're kin to Jesus."

Cameron was right. I am kin to Jesus. God is my Father and Jesus is my Brother, but I had somehow forgotten I am related through blood.

My Brother died for me on the cross. He sacrificed His life, so I could live.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NIV

We all are kin through the blood of Jesus and through the words of our Heavenly Father.

Thank you Cameron for your ever-so true words...

Are you kin to Jesus?

3 comments:

  1. We are all "kin" to Jesus and to one another, I found your post delightful regarding your grandson! I have one that does Ninja also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing for your grandson to say. Thanks for sharing the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perceptive kids are. They think deep thoughts when we just think they are playing. I know this from my own childhood. Thanks for posting about your grandson.

    ReplyDelete