Friday, September 30, 2011

Two Choices

If you are a follower of my blog then you know my grandson Cameron is a special needs child. Every Friday I do something special for him if he's done well at school the whole week. Well, when Cameron got off the school bus this afternoon he ran in the house and announced he had two choices.

"Mamaw," he announced with excitement in his voice.

"Yes Cameron." I thought I already knew what he was going to say, but what he said next made me chuckle.

"I have two choices."

"Two choices?" I asked.

"Yes ma'm," his face lit up.

"And what would those be?" I asked.

"My first choice is McDonald's." He said matter-of-factly.

" And your second choice?"

"Mamaw, you know."

"I do?"

"Yep," he said. "My second choice is the park."

So we loaded up and took him to McDonald's and the park.

His statement today made me think about how we in our lives live with many choices, but how only two really count. We have the choice between  living for the Lord(being a faithful servant) or spending our time with Satan.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NIV

The choice is simple between right and wrong, Heaven and Hell, between good and evil. You only have one choice. God loved you so much, He gave His only son so you could have an eternal life, so you would not perish. But you must make the right choice. You must choose to believe in Him....

When you  faced with two choices in your life, unlike Cameron who got both McDonald's and the park remember life is not all Happy Meals and swings...

2 comments:

  1. My pastor calls it focusing on the eternal--and as you say, there really is one question that matters as we enter eternity.

    Blessings,
    Daphne
    http://blog.daphnewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! If only we could convey to the lost the importance of making the right choice concerning salvation!

    Your grandson sounds so cute! I have a 3 year old and I just love hearing the things he says every day. =)

    ReplyDelete