Monday, December 19, 2011

Turning Your Worry Warts into Faith Freckles

                                                                
...and a little child shall lead them.
 Isaiah 11:6 KJV

My grandson Cameron is sometimes wise beyond his years. Recently I made a very difficult decision to quit my job. It wasn't the most wise choice I made right before Christmas or so I thought...

Last year I worked in the same position and the stress became much more than I could bear so I walked away without any regret. I became ill and my family struggled. When the opportunity presented itself for me to return to that same position a few months ago I made another mistake. I didn't pray about going back and instead of being spirit led I was influenced by my own need(greed).

I had feelings of dread and knew I had made a mistake in returning. Voices nagged at me everyday(the Lord was trying to tell me I had walked not in faith but in fear). I didn't listen until my job became overhelming and I knew I had come to the end of my rope.

I am a natural worrier and it tends to show in my actions as well as my thoughts. I tried to hide my worry from Cameron, but like I said he's too smart.

I was sitting at the computer trying to figure out how my family come overcome the situation when Cameron came up to me.

"Mamaw, what cha doing," he asked.

As usual I answered nothing so he wouldn't bother me, but he wasn't going to let my answer go.

I didn't want him to worry about me worrying.

"I'm studying.

"What cha studying?"

He wasn't satified with my answer.

"I'm studying my worry warts," I glanced down at my hands.

"I don't see nothing," he looked closely at my wrinkled hands.

"You can't see them. Only grown-ups can see worry warts," I told him.

He seemed to be happy with my answer and a few minutes later I caught him looking at his hands.

"Cameron, what are you doing?"

"I'm counting my faith freckles."

I smiled and a couple of tears to my eyes. It took a little child to lead me onto the right path that day.

Do you have worry warts or faith freckles?

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" Matthew 6:25 NIV

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 KJV


As Christmas approaches I no longer "count" worry warts but can't wait to find  new faith freckles....
Life is not perfect and we all tend to worry, but our lives don't have to be filled with worry warts. Count faith freckles instead!





No comments:

Post a Comment